Essay Consulting and Coaching Services
- Personal statements
- Supplemental essays
- Common application and Coalition application guidance
- Activity resumes
- Graduate school personal statements
- Scholarship essays
How does the process work?
I work with students at every stage of the process. Since no two students are alike, I tailor sessions to meet each student’s learning preference and needs. If you don’t know how to begin your essay, we start from the beginning. If you finished your third draft and want a fresh set of eyes to review word choices and grammar, we start there.
Five Steps to an Awesome Essay
We review the schools that you are applying to and consolidate the number of individual essays you will need to write.
- Brainstorming/choosing a topic: By reflecting on who you are as a person, we will pinpoint your most promising material. Through a series of free-writing prompts, I will help you find your material based on your unique experiences and passions.
- First draft: I will show you how to write without stopping to check your grammar or worry if your essay is organized, or sounds silly. I want you to let your ideas flow and get them down.
- Second to third draft: I will help you organize your ideas, eliminate what is not essential to your story, and further develop the gems in your story.
- Next draft: At this stage, we will refine your word choices, sentence structure, and grammar. This essay will reflect the best you, effectively and authentically.
- Final proofread: We will go through your essay for a final polish and proofread, and your essay is done and ready to submit—congratulations!